Monday, October 27, 2008

difficulty in writing engineering essays

Writing has always been an important part in engineering research. When I study engineering courses, I must also practise writing scientific essay. However, writing has not been my strength and there are some areas in which I make common mistakes.
One of these mistakes is in organisation. Argumentative essay are very particular about organisation. When presenting an argument, it is very important to be able to present the ideas in a organised manner. Sometimes I tend to be confused in the middle of my writing when my ideas are presented half way. Therefore, thinking logically in English is important for writing so as to be able to present your ideas clearly.
Another common mistake is grammatical; the usage of words can be difficult for me. It can be misleading when I use the words in the wrong way and the ideas become unclear. Therefore, is important to use the right word at the right time.
When writing engineering related essays, there are difficulties in terms of sentence structure. The ideas of engineering must be presented in such a way that they are easy to understand. Therefore, it is challenging for me to put across my points such that the reader can understand my stand. One way to improve this area is to read more on scientific reports and essays so that the way to present can be part of my writing habit.
There are some other techniques to improve my writing. Including making English an important part of my daily life. This can make my English language come more natural during writing. Another way is practice writing, more practice can increase my accuracy when illustrating my stand and ideas.
There can be quite a few problems when I do my writing in engineering classes, including the language itself and sentence structure which plays a more important part in engineering essays than narrative essays. Therefore, a clear mindset is also important. However, I believe these problems can be resolved through practice and more reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home